EU Settlement Scheme

If you or your family member is an EUEEA or Swiss citizen, you need to apply for the EU settlement scheme now. It is compulsory and must be done before 30 June 2021.

      With me, you can scan and upload documents, verify your ID using ID document check apps

You may apply as a:

  • Qualified Person
  • As a family member
  • As an extended family member
  • As a family member of a student
  • As an extended family member of a student
  • As an unmarried partner

Until 30 June 2021, there will be no change to your rights and status. A successful EU settlement scheme application will allow you to live and work in the UK after this date.  If you have 5 continuous years of residency in the UK, you will be given a “settled” status else you will get a pre-settled status.

To apply you will only need proof of ID and proof of continuous residence.

This is an online application and you will need to use an ” ID document check” apps using any smartphone except the iPhone. The application fee has been waved.

      Please do make sure your EU citizen friends and family know about the Scheme.

UK Family Permit

Relatives of European Economic Area or Swiss nationals are eligible for a UK family permit. The EEA family permit acts as a visa giving you permission to enter and remain in the UK. If you are not an EEA national but are related to one, this permit is for you. If you are a visa national or coming to live with your EEA or Swiss national relative in the UK permanently or long-term, then you will need to apply for a family permit. Your EEA national relative must be present in the UK or accompanying you to the UK for you to be eligible.

Your close family members can join you in the UK before 31 December 2020. They’ll need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme once they’re here.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal the deadline for close family members joining you in the UK is 29 March 2022.

Permanent Residence ( Settled Status)

This visa is replaced by “settled status”. If you are already in possession of PR you need to apply and get a settled status now.

To qualify for the settled status, you must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:

  • an EEA national ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student or job seeker)
  • a family member or extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident
  • a former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution or
  • a family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases)

You can also qualify if you are:

  • an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity in the UK because you have retired, are permanently incapacitated, or you’re now working or self-employed in another EEA state but still retain your residence in the UK
  • the family member or extended family member of an EEA national who has ceased activity, or
  • the family member or extended family member of an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has died.

Do you know?

  • Non-EU people shall have to give biometric information
  • If parents have PR, their children can register as a British citizen according to s3(1) of BNA 1981
  • Treatment of NHS is free for all ordinary residence in the UK ( under s 1(3) of national health service act 2006. So all EEA nationals residing in the UK are taken into the NHS load.
  • If EEA national becomes a naturalised British citizen, his dependent’s status becomes unstable, and their PR/settled status may be refused. It is best to apply for naturalisation all together. PR does not take away the EEA rights but the naturalization does.
  • When the PR card was issued does not matter, as long as you hold PR/settled status for more than 12 months, you may apply for naturalisation.

The fee:

EU settlement scheme application is without any fee.

Contact me for a clean, error-free application