There are many forms of British Nationality, British Citizenship is the only one that allows you to live and work in the UK without a visa. There are two ways to become a British citizen- by naturalization and by registration.
To become a naturalised British citizen, you must meet both the eligibility requirements and residential requirements.
- Be over 18 years of age
- Lived in the UK for at least 5 years and granted with ILR or permanent residence or settled status
- Passed 12 months after been granted with ILR, permanent residence or settled status
- Be of sound mind
- Intend to continue living in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of an international organisation of which the UK is a member of the service of a company or association established in the UK
- Have sufficient proficiency in the English, Welsh, or Scottish Gaelic language;
- Have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK
- Be of good character and
- Meet the residential requirements
- 5-year continuous residence before the date of applying
- Not spending more than 450 days outside of the UK during the 5-year residency requirement on a rolling basis
- Not spending more than 90 days outside of the UK in the year before applying and
- Not broken any immigration laws while in the UK
If you are a spouse of any British citizen, the residency requirement is slightly different. You must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years before application and did not spent more than 270 days outside of the UK in those 3 years.
If you have met the above eligibility and residency requirements, you are ready to make an application for British citizenship using the form AN.
You can apply on behalf of a child under 18 if they meet eligibility criteria except that, they do not need to pass Life in the UK test. For children, it will be “Registration as a British citizen” and the form MN1 to be used.
If your children have born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983 and lived here until he was 10 years old, he can register as a British Citizen.
I will charge you a fixed amount of £500 to initiate your application. Besides, the Home Office fees are £1330 and £1012 respectively for you and for your child.
Contact me to make your error-free, clean application today.