Tier 1 Investor Visa

General Information:( This visa is discontinued now. )

Under the Points Based System Tier 1 (Investor) is a category by which high net worth individuals intending to make a substantial financial investment will be able to settle in the UK within a comparatively shorter period of time depending upon the investment made.

You will be eligible to apply as a Tier 1 (Investor) if:

  • you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
  • you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • you meet the other eligibility requirements

You must have access to at least £2,000,000 as your own money regulated by a financial institution and is disposable in the UK.


How much you pay for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa depends on your situation, where you are and how you apply.

The home office fee for the main applicant is £1530. The fee for every dependent is again £1530. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.

Fees for applying and extending in person

You can use the super premium service to apply or extend in person.

It costs a one-off fee of £8,750, plus application fees for each person of:

  • £2,030 for the ‘main applicant’
  • £2,030 for each dependant

You can use this service for up to 4 ‘main applicants’ and a maximum of 10 people per visit. ‘Main applicants’ are the people with access to the investment funds.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.

You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.

Allowable absences

The Tier 1 (Investor) migrants will be allowed to remain outside the UK for maximum 180 days in any calendar year without losing their right to apply for permanent settlement known as ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ (ILR) after 2 years (£10 Million investment), 3 years (£ 5 million investment) or 5 years (£1 million investment for applicants whose initial application was made prior to 06 November 2014, £2 million for all other applicants).


After you have stayed in the UK only 1 year on Indefinite Leave Remain visa, you will be entitled to British Citizenship.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
  • work or study
  • apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
  • apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million

You can’t:

  • invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
  • work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • get public funds
  • You also can’t work as a doctor or dentist in training unless one of the following applies:
  • you have a primary degree at bachelors level or above in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor license or is a UK recognised or listed body
  • you worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time you were in the UK
  • neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa

What services can we offer?

  • We can advise on the procedure, legal and evidential requirements and merits of making an application to the Home Office or entry clearance post.
  • We can advise and represent our clients in making representations in support of their immigration matters
  • We can advise and represent our clients’ dependants in order to seek dependant visas in line with the visa of the main applicant
  • We can offer a Super Premium Service where the Home Office will visit the applicants in order to process the applications within 24 hours.
  • We can lodge an appeal (in-country only) or make a request for an administrative review if the applicant`s entry clearance application is refused
  • We can advise in making applications for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) for those who have already completed their relevant residence period in the UK
  • We can assist in choosing the investment programme and investing the required minimum funds via the UK banks or UK investment companies
  • We can assist in opening a bank account.
  • We can advise on current tax legislation, prepare and submit annual tax returns.
  • We can provide an incorporation of a UK company and annual support service, assistance with company assets management by means of registration of trusts and offshore companies, accounting and legal services for UK companies.
  • We can offer a personal and business insurance.
  • We can offer a concierge service for your move to the UK.
  • We can provide you with a property search and school enrolment for your children in the UK
  • Whatever the case, we are here to help, assist, advise and represent our clients in relation to any aspect of their immigration matters.

Contact us for more details